The Purpose of the Local Church is to:
- Reach every available person at every available time by every available means with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Establish them in the local church, teaching and training them to become like Christ.
- Mobilize the army of God, to help each person to find his or her place and function in the Body of Christ.
At Victory Church of Red Deer, we strive to fulfill our purpose through our vision of Love God, Love Others, and Serve.
For us, we do this by making Sunday service all about Loving God. We seek to have powerful praise and worship with relevant Bible-based messages.
We believe that being connected in a Life Group is a great way to learn to love others and to be loved. We were created to be connected.
Out of our connection with God and with others we will naturally begin to serve. At Victory Church of Red Deer we often go on missions, and serve within our community.
10 Tenets of victory
- God is the Author of our vision.
- God is the source of all our needs - financial, spiritual, relational, or otherwise.
- We have a lifetime commitment to our vision.
- We purpose to be continually renewed in our vision and our mind.
- People are the focus of our ministry, not programs.
- We believe every problem can be solved, so we will never quit.
- Teamwork and agreement is the place of power.
- We seek to lead through relationship rather than position.
- We are committed to increase, as opposed to maintenance.
- We hold the Word of God to be true and every contrary circumstance subject to change.
- In one true and living God, eternally existing and revealed to us as the Father, Creator of all things; the Son, Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, and the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension unto God, and imminent return in power and glory.
- The Holy Scriptures are the inspired and complete revelation of God’s will concerning man’s salvation through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That men are saved solely through faith in God’s grace as displayed in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism as a public declaration that a believer has died with Christ and risen with Him to walk a life of holiness and love.
- In the unity of all true believers as members of the universal body of Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.
- In the celebration of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus.
- In the ministry of the Holy Spirit:
- by the inward witness of salvation to the believer.
- by daily guidance and the growth of Christ-like character.
- by the Baptism in / with the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from and following the new birth, initially evidenced by speaking with other tongues and (Acts 2:1-4, 10:44-46, 11:15, 19:1-6) (Acts 8:21 – “matter” can be translated, “utterance or speech”) subsequently by the manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service.
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself. Those who have not accepted His redemptive work on their behalf will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead.
- That following His return Jesus Christ will rule and reign for one thousand years on the earth. After this there will be a new heaven and a new earth.